ow in its second generation, Focusrite's Scarlett Studio 2i2 provides an interface, headphones, a large-diaphragm condenser microphone, cables, and microphone clip—indeed, everything you'd need to start recording music right away, minus the computer. With the included software, it is also possible to mix and master your guitar, vocals, bass, or other instruments directly within your computer, thereby achieving a finalized recording.
At the heart of this studio setup is Focusrite's second-generation 2i2, an interface which offers two low-noise, high-headroom Scarlett preamps for recording, as well as balanced monitor jacks, a headphone output, and Mac/Windows connectivity via the USB port. The interface also boasts a round-trip latency of 2.74 ms at 96 kHz, making it possible to monitor recordings made through DSP in real time. It can also operate at resolutions and sample rates of up to 24-bit/192 kHz. The CM25 MkII is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone, and comes with a microphone cable and clip. Closed-back studio headphones round out the hardware complement.
An included Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative pack is enhanced by a suite of Focusrite Scarlett plug-ins, a set of tools that include compression, EQ, gating, and reverb. The Novation Bass Station software synthesizer can be used to add bass or melody, and a sample pack from Loopmasters contains drum loops and sound effects. Ableton Live is included to boot.
Focusrite's Red Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, and VST) delivers modules based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware. Also included in this bundle is the Softube Time and Tone Pack for further sonic exploration within your chosen DAW.
- Studio-quality recording package for your Mac or Windows computer with everything needed to make professional recordings with a laptop or desktop computer (computer not included)
- Audio interface employs two Scarlett Combo pre-amps with instrument/line switches and 48V phantom power.
- 24-bit performance at up to 192 kHz sampling, with more than 105 dB of dynamic range during recording and more than 102 dB during playback
- LED "halos" around the input knobs show green when the levels are correct and red if too loud
- Includes Pro Tools | First Focusrite Creative Pack and Ableton Live Lite
- Focusrite Red 2 and Red 3 Plug-In Suite (AAX, Audio Units, VST) delivers accurately modeled plug-ins based on the classic Focusrite Red 2 EQ and Red 3 Compressor hardware
- Includes additional plug-ins and loops
- Bus power means no external power supply, making the package totally portable - transport the studio in a backpack to a rehearsal space or venue with no need to plug into the mains
Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Generation)
- Two-input, two-output USB audio interface
- 24-bit/192 kHz conversion
- Two Scarlett microphone preamplifiers
- Red, anodized-aluminum unibody chassis with metal gain knobs
- Low latency and direct monitoring
CM25 MkII Microphone
- Large-diaphragm condenser microphone
- Includes 10 foot (3 meter) red cable
- Microphone stand adapter
HP60 MkII Headphones
- Reference-quality headphones
- Closed-back design to prevent audio spill when recording