The TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 from Native Instruments is an all-in-one combination 4-channel DJ controller with an integrated audio interface and designed for included TRAKTOR PRO 2 software. The controller features a dual built-in high-res displays, knobs, faders, and LED guided touch-sensitive strip controls.
The high-resolution displays allow you to browse tracks, see track info, see the track's vector waveform, access remix decks, as well as effect and filter values. The controller has a 4 channel remix deck for live capture and triggering of your own samples and loops using the device's 16 color-coded performance pads.
The integrated audio interface provides 24-bit 48 kHz resolution with stereo master outputs provided on RCA and XLR connectors and 1/4" booth outputs enable connecting the controller to a club sound system. Additionally, the controller features a 1/4" / 6.35mm mic input and a stereo RCA auxiliary input. The KONTROL S5 ships with TRAKTOR PRO 2 software, Remix Sets, a USB cable, and a power adapter.
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 combines time-tested TRAKTOR hardware control and advanced visual feedback for workflow that enhances your performance
- Touch-sensitive knobs instantly activate the Browse View, loops, plus filter, pitch, and effect parameters on the displays to keep you in control in the heat of the night. And TRAKTOR deck flavors switch automatically on the displays to match the track, Stem file, or Remix Set being loaded – no interrupted workflow
- TRAKTOR KONTROL S5’s high-res displays provide dynamic smart views and pop-up panels that keep you in control without looking at the laptop. Browse your library, monitor effects, and improvise on the fly – all at the touch of a knob, and directly within view
- Browse View: Instantly access and explore your music collection right from the S5 in Browse View
- Stem View: View and mix with all four parts of a Stem file as color-coded, stacked waveforms
- Beatgrid View: Adjust grids on the fly with the Beatgrid View when a track needs fine tuning
- FX Panel: All FX chain parameters show instantly when the FX panel is triggered by an FX knob
- Remix View: Color-coded Remix Sets' samples and loops are all visible from the display in Remix View
- Freeze View: Freeze View instantly slices a track in eight parts for deconstructing on the fly with the performance pads
- Performance Panels: Pop-up panels let you monitor and tweak track parameters like BPM, key, and filter instantly
- The S5’s performance pads instantly map to each stem part when a Stem file is loaded. Mute or unmute, control volume, and add filters to stems with the pads and touch-sensitive encoders. Or add effects to individual sounds by holding shift and selecting stems
Creative Performance Features
- Track Preparation: Seamless iTunes library integration and powerful automatic beat detection means tracks are ready to hit the dance-floor anytime. And you can adjust a track’s beatgrid in real-time on the S5 - the Beatgrid View instantly reveals your grids for easy editing directly from the displays
- Hotcues and Flux Mode: Trigger cue points and loops with color-coded pads for instant creative editing. The colors match different hotcue types for easy recognition. And with Flux Mode, you can juggle hotcues while maintaining playback position, for spontaneous re-editing in time – every time
- Improvising with Freeze Mode: Take a snapshot from a running track using the Freeze Button and slice it up. A loop appears on the deck display ready for you to rearrange using the performance pads
- Live Remixing: Access the power of TRAKTOR’s Remix Decks directly from the S5. Trigger sounds with the performance pads and see it all in Remix View on the high-res displays. And to build your own creative arsenal, capture loops from a running track in perfect sync, and layer them for advanced track edits on the fly
- Simple and intuitive – right from the start. Touch-sensitive Browse, Loop, and FX knobs trigger smart views and pop-up panels on the displays. And precision touch strips allow for pitch bending, track seeking, and vinyl scratch emulation
- Eight color-coded performance pads per deck unlock the door to creative performance. Slice-up and rearrange in Freeze mode, tweak your loops, improvise using hotcues, and control Stem and Remix Decks – all within view, and within reach
- The S5’s built-in soundcard provides essential connectivity and 24-bit/48 kHz of pristine audio guaranteed to pack a punch in any room. Connect to any sound system in seconds – XLR and RCA master outputs, plus a 1/4" booth output make setting up the S5 fast and simple at any gig
- And TRAKTOR KONTROL S5 even features an independent AUX channel to connect a mic for the MC, an MP3 player, or any additional device your setup needs