uitable for vocals, voiceovers, and instrumental applications, the sE Electronics sE2200 is a hand-crafted condenser microphone bundled together with an isolation pack. This latest iteration of the sE2200 microphone remains true to the design, utilizing the same capsule, custom-built transformer, and class-A circuit topologies. The revision boasts updated components and a shorter, optimized signal path for better noise performance and clarity.
The dual, 1" gold-sputtered diaphragms give you a cardioid-only polar pattern. Each capsule is hand-crafted and individually tuned in the factory. The included isolation pack features a shockmount that uses a single twist-knob for easy setup and breakdown. Also included is sE's curved metal pop filter, which efficiently slots into the shockmount and is vertically adjustable. A thread adapter and an sE logo sticker are supplied as well.
Traditional Class-A Electronic Design
- Carefully selected, discrete components ensure professional sound quality on any source
- Microphone's design avoids using any ICs (integrated circuits)
- Low noise, consistent performance, and high sensitivity is provided by surface-mounted electronic components with extremely tight tolerances
Two Switchable Attenuation Levels and Low-Cut Filters
- The -10 and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide variety of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments
- Selectable at either 80 or 160 Hz, the two low-cut filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques
Custom-Built Output Transformer
- Reviving the spirit of classic studio microphones, the sE2200’s custom transformer is designed to provide superb depth and weight to the overall sonic image, while the heavy-shielded metal housing ensures noise-free operation
All-Metal Housing and Premium Finish
- The sE2200's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise.
Gold Plated XLR Connector
- Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection
- With the twist of a single knob, the shock-mount attaches quickly and securely to the microphone, and is removable with the same simple motion, allowing the mic to be set up quickly and easily without superfluous adjustments or hassle
- The Isolation Pack also comes equipped with sE's curved metal pop filter, which efficiently slots in to the shock-mount and is vertically adjustable for best performance